Updated October 11, 2018
Collister Scarecrow Contest
Sunday, October 14
We love the Collister Neighborhood and the fall festivities. Join us as we organize a neighborhood-wide Scarecrow Contest! Rooted in the agricultural beginnings of our side of Boise, scarecrows are a fun and creative way to get festive this season. Details online at the following link: http://www.collisterscarecrow.org/
Families, individual, business and community groups are invited to participate. We hope you’ll get creative and use your resources to build some fun displays for the contest. Scarecrows must be homemade to be entered into the contest.
Collister Neighborhood Homemade Scarecrow Contest 2018 Contest Rules:
• Scarecrows must be homemade, named, and visible from the street and/or public walkway.
• Scarecrows must be constructed in October and on display by or before Sunday October 14th.
• Judged categories include: 1. Resident/Family 2. Business 3. Group (4H, scouts, classrooms, school clubs, etc.)
• The Collister Neighborhood Association Board will assign local judges to pick the first, second and third place in each category. The top three first place entries will also receive gift certificates from Edwards Nursery and Greenhouse. The other winners will receive certificates of recognition and be featured on the Collister Neighborhood Association website.
• Scarecrows must be able to withstand outdoor weather conditions. The scarecrow makers are responsible for keeping their scarecrows in good viewing condition. The scarecrows must be on display by Sunday October 14th to Thursday, November 1st.
• Scarecrows will be judged on Sunday, October 14th. The judges’ decisions are final. Late entries will not be considered.
• When designing your scarecrow please keep in mind this is a family event. No political or overly violent looking scarecrows will be accepted. The Collister Neighborhood Association reserves the right to reject any scarecrows deemed inappropriate or commercially made and does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any of the displays.
• Scarecrows will be judged based on creativity, traditional homemade design, and/or use of agricultural materials.
• To submit your entry, you must email 2 or more digital photos that include the construction phase and final finished scarecrow to secretary@collisterCNA.org Please title your email: Scarecrow Entry 2018 and the category you wish to enter in the subject line. Include name and exact location of the Scarecrow, and complete contact information for the Resident/Family, Business, or Group (4H, scouts, school clubs, etc.) By submitting your entry, you agree to allow the Collister Neighborhood Association to use your photos or photos taken during judging to be used on the Collister Neighborhood Association website and other promotional media.
We are excited to partner up with Edwards Greenhouse for prizes! Each category winner will receive a $100 gift certificate.
Plan to drive or stroll around the neighborhood starting on Sunday, October 14 to check out all the scarecrows. We can't wait to see all the fun displays!
Good luck and happy stuffing!
October 25, 2018
5:30pm-7:00pm General Public
Castle Hills Church of the Nazarene
5707 Castle Drive, Boise
The Ada County Highway District (ACHD) and Concrete Placing Company are rebuilding the intersection of State Street and Collister Drive. Utility work began at the end of September and will continue with canal work beginning in mid-October. Construction will start in November. Crews will also be working on the bridge just west of the intersection.
Please join us on October 25 to learn about the upcoming construction!
For additional information, please use the following link:
Traffic Pattern for 36th and Veterans Memorial
Chelsea Holt, Business and Community Relations Coordinator, phone:208.387.6147
Kadee Porter, Construction Coordinator, phone: 208.387.6290
This project is anticipated to complete October 2018.
Julie Klocke, President